The following announcement was written by the folks at DC Thomson Family History:
You can now view fascinating historic articles, images and adverts from The British Newspaper Archive through your iPhone for free.
Download Here & Then from Apple’s iTunes store
Free daily stories from historic newspapers
Download our mobile app today and read stories from over 200 years of historical newspapers for free, wherever you are.
- Learn what happened on this day in history
- Discover reports reflecting today’s news
- Enjoy interesting and amusing snippets dating back to the 1700s
Don’t have an iPhone?
You can also read daily stories on our Facebook page – make sure you like The British Newspaper Archive on Facebook
About The British Newspaper Archive
- The British Newspaper Archive is a partnership project between the British Library and DC Thomson Family History. From November 2011 to 2021, up to 40 million pages from historical newspapers across the UK and Ireland (spanning the period, 1700 to 1950) will be uploaded to the website. www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk.
- The British Library is the national library of the United Kingdom. It provides world class information services to the academic, business, research and scientific communities and offers unparalleled access to the world’s largest and most comprehensive research collection.
- D.C Thomson Family History began life in 1995 as Scotland Online and is a leading UK independent provider of IT business services to large public and private sector organisations. The online publishing division of D.C. Thomson has significant expertise in the digitisation and management of archival records, and works in partnership with the British Library, the National Archives and the National Records of Scotland Headquartered in Dundee, the company is owned by the publishers D.C. Thomson and has offices in Edinburgh and London.