FamilySearch has released two new mobile apps that will make it easy to take your ancestors with you. With FamilySearch Tree and FamilySearch Memories you can add memories and sources of your relatives on the go. Everything you add will sync with FamilySearch.org, so information will be accessible from any device and will be preserved for future generations. Both apps are free.
FamilySearch Tree is a mobile companion to FamilySearch.org. This app makes it easy to add photos, stories, and audio recordings to ancestors in the tree. Adding or updating ancestor details like names, dates, and relationships is not currently available, but is coming soon.
- Browse your family branches and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen.
- Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
- Easily add memories and records about your relatives.
- Preserve and share those old photos and documents that are hidden away in storage.
- Available for iOS 7+ and Android 2.3+
You can learn more in the FamilySearch Blog at https://familysearch.org/blog/en/familysearch-introduces-moble-apps/ as well as in the Apple iOS App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/familysearch-memories/id885970971?ls=1&mt=8 and the (Android) Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.familysearch.mobile.