The following announcement was written by the North Carolina Genealogical Society:
The North Carolina Genealogical Society seeks a managing editor for its quarterly, the NCGS Journal, beginning with the first issue of the 2016 publication year (preparation to begin in late 2015). Candidates should possess:
- a superior knowledge of North Carolina history and genealogical resources.
- a deep familiarity and faculty with the highest standards of genealogical research
- exceptional publications design and copy editing skills.
- ready access to unpublished source material suitable for inclusion in the Journal.
- excellent written communication skills, including the ability to evaluate and edit the written work of contributors with sensitivity.