I would love to be able to reply to all of the e-mail messages I receive. I really do enjoy chatting with newsletter readers. However, I already sit at this computer for far too many hours each day! At some point, I have to say “no more.”
Realistically, it is not possible for me to write a personal email reply to each message received. Sometimes I just give up, turn off the lights, and go to bed. That typically happens after 2 AM. The next morning, I am still facing all the backlog plus an additional 300 to 500 new messages received overnight, not counting spam.
I think my time is better spent on researching and writing articles for the newsletter where I hopefully can answer the questions of many people in one article.
In short, I cannot answer any messages that:
- Request personal research help, advice, tips or guidance.
- Questions about computers: how to use computers, how to use software, etc.
- Requests for help to find specific web sites. (I suggest you instead look at Cyndi’s List at http://www.cyndislist.com/.)
- Requests for help to find specific articles from past issues of Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter. (Instead, I suggest you use the search box near the top of the page at http://www.eogn.com or Google’s excellent Advanced Search at http://www.google.com/advanced_search/. That’s where I always look when someone asks me about a past newsletter article.)
- Questions about copying articles from Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter to re-publish elsewhere. (You probably already have permission. For details, look at http://blog.eogn.com/copyrights-and-other-legal-things.)
You can call TOLL-FREE from anywhere in the world if you have the free Skype voice software installed on your computer. It is as easy as making a phone call although a Skype-to-Skype call is always free of charge, even if calling overseas! Simply click on the link above.
Skype software is available free of charge for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Apple iPhone, Android, and other operating systems. The software is free and the calls are free.
If you have Skype software installed, click to call dickeastman on Skype.