Unfortunately, I cannot answer any messages that:
- Request personal research help, advice, tips or guidance.
- Ask about computers: how to use computers, how to use software, etc.
- Requests for help to find specific web sites. (I suggest you instead look at Cyndi’s List at http://www.cyndislist.com/.)
- Requests for help to find specific articles from past issues of Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter. (Instead, I suggest you use the search box near the top of the page at http://www.eogn.com or Google’s excellent Advanced Search at http://www.google.com/advanced_search/. That’s where I always look when someone asks me about a past newsletter article.)
- Questions about copying articles from Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter to re-publish elsewhere. (You probably already have permission. For details, look at http://blog.eogn.com/copyrights-and-other-legal-things.)
I would love to be able to reply to all of the e-mail messages I receive. I really do enjoy chatting with newsletter readers. However, I already sit at this computer for far too many hours each day! At some point, I have to say “no more.”
Realistically, it is not possible for me to write a personal email reply to each message received. Sometimes I just give up, turn off the lights, and go to bed. That typically happens after 2 AM. The next morning, I am still facing all the backlog plus an additional 300 to 500 new messages received overnight, not counting spam.
I think my time is better spent on researching and writing articles for the newsletter where I hopefully can answer the questions of many people in one article.