2.93 of Pocket Genealogist has been released to the Northern Hills Software website. This is another free update for current users of Pocket Genealogist. Besides the changes to the program, the User Guide has been updated as well and all can be found at: http://www.pocketgenealogist.com/download.htm
Changes in 2.93
- "Direct" import for Ancestral Quest 11 databases. Pocket Genealogist now has direct imports for:
- Ancestral Quest Version 11 (Advanced version of Pocket Genealogist)
- Family Tree Maker using GenBridge(tm) by Wholly Genes Software (available using the add-on from Wholly Genes)
- Legacy Family Tree Version 5 (Advanced version of Pocket Genealogist)
- The Master Genealogist Version 4, 5 and 6 (Advanded version of Pocket Genealogist)
- PAF Version 5 using GenBridge(tm) by Wholly Genes Software (available using the add-on from Wholly Genes)
- RootsMagic 2 (Advanced version of Pocket Genealogist)
- And of course GEDCOM imports are still supported.
- Better support for TMG, FTM and PAF GenBridge imports.
- Enhancements to the RootsMagic "Direct" import including the ability to display the Family Events on the Individual screens similar to how RootsMagic displays them. Also the "problem" with embedded spaces and other special characters in the name of the RootsMagic database is now supported.
- Better support for H/PC devices and VGA PocketPC devices.
- Better Synchronization support to help alleviate firewall configuration issues.
I don't like to pre-announce new features but the "import" screens in Pocket Genealogist don't lie! A "Direct" Genbox import is in progress and should be available in the 2.94 release.
Also, Bob Velke at Wholly Genes Software is kind enough to host a Pocket Genealogist chat at the Wholly Genes Software website this coming Saturday (January 29th) at 2pm EST and 11pm EST. The chat will occur here: http://www.whollygenessoftware.com/chat.htm
Thanks for your support!
Kevin R. Phillips
Northern Hills Software
Current version is 2.93