The following is an announcement from the U.S. National Genealogical Society:
Who Are You? Where Did You Come From?
The National Genealogical Society provides their Top Five Secrets to finding the answers.
The National Genealogical Society is pleased to announce additional resources for family history researchers. The upcoming Tennessee Crossroads Conference in the States in Nashville, Tennessee on June 1-4, 2005 will also have Pre-conference telephone call-in sessions on May 22 and May 29 from 2-4PM EST. For further information on the conference, see www.eshow2000.com/ngs. Contact: Jeanne Lund firstname.lastname@example.org (703) 525-0050 ext. 112.
1. The 27th Annual National Genealogical Society Conference in the States program lists 130 specific research topics, more than 100 international vendors of products and services, 15 research society luncheon and banquet topics, and 11 in-depth labs and workshops. Do you want to find out more? Read all about this June 1-4, 2005 event in Nashville online at www.eshow2000.com/ngs/conf_program.cfm
Don’t Miss Out! This Tennessee Crossroads conference also features experts and resources for research in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. Read the program and see for yourself.
2. Join the Pre-conference Sunday phone CHATs on May 22 and May 29 from 2-4PM EST to learn what the experts recommend. Participants will also be entered in a drawing for a free NGS membership! Register for this telephone CHAT at www.ngsgenealogy.org/Random/signup.cfm or call 800-473-0060.
Take Advantage! Experts in the field and experienced conference attendees will share their excitement and reveal why genealogy conferences save researchers time and money. Ask questions and learn where to find the newest technology and resources for research in the US, Ireland, England and Wales, Scotland, Germany and Eastern Europe. Are the pre-conference phone CHATs free? Yes! Only a phone call away.
3. Subscribe to the National Genealogical Society (NGS) free newsletter “UpFront with NGS” and browse the past issues for more tips and tricks at www.ngsgenealogy.org/upfront.htm
Find Out More! Search the UpFront archives for a research topic, digital camera or scanner tips, reunions and other topics of interest in the four years of archives - a free public service from NGS.
4. Become a member of the National Genealogical Society online at www.ngsgenealogy.org/member.htm
Save Money! NGS member benefits include discounts for the Annual NGS Conference in the States, Research Trips, the NGS Bookstore, NGS Research Services, the AMA Deceased Physician Research, Copy Services, German Immigration. Other member features include quarterly issues of the NGS NewsMagazine and NGS Quarterly and access to the Members-Only section of the NGS site.
5. Come to Nashville June 1-4 for The 27th Annual National Genealogical Society Conference in the States. Register now at www.eshow2000.com/ngs/registration.cfm
Don’t Miss Out! Confused by conflicting sources? Tired of dead ends and brick walls? Overwhelmed by the Internet maze? Meet the people who can help you at the Tennessee Crossroads conference. NOW you can find out who you really are and where you came from! Is it fun? Yes!
Still have Questions? Don’t miss the chance to join the Pre-conference Sunday phone CHATs on May 22 and May 29 from 2-4PM EST. Learn what the experts recommend. Register for this telephone CHAT at www.ngsgenealogy.org/Random/signup.cfm or call 800-473-0060.