Would you like to work at a genealogy society? Do you have financial management experience? Do you live in or near Boston? If you can answer "Yes" to all three questions, you may be interested in this help wanted ad from the New England Historic Genealogical Society:
The New England Historic Genealogical Society seeks an experienced non-profit financial manager to be responsible for the overall financial management of the organization. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and supervising two full time staff, the Director of Finance will:
- Manage and maintain the organization's financial system and direct all related activities, including account reconciliation, A/R, A/P, payroll, taxes and investments
- Develop and manage the budget and cash flow
- Prepare for and supervise the annual audit process
- Provide financial leadership and advice to administration and Board of Trustees
- Manage payroll, employee benefits, all insurances
- Direct regulatory compliance including tax filings, corporate filings, IRS and ERISA compliance
- Participate in the growth and development of the organization through leadership on the management team and implementation of the strategic plan
This is a very hands-on role with an emphasis on reporting, analyzing and forecasting financial trends that will affect the successful operation of the organization. It requires a proactive approach to staying informed about all of the Society's many activities and the non-profit regulatory environment. This is a full-time position with vacation, medical and other benefits.
For more details visit http://www.newenglandancestors.org/about/main/Director_of_Finance.asp.