The Federation of Genealogical Societies is looking to contract for the following administrative assistant services:
- Processing Federation correspondence and telephone inquiries
- Preparing checks for deposit
- Assisting in printing and disseminating Federation publications
- Maintaining the Federation's databases
- Processing memberships
- Providing regular reports to the Board of Directors
- Processing and fulfilling orders
- Coordinating the Federation's presence in exhibit halls at conferences and other events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Bookkeeping experience
- Some genealogical knowledge a plus
The Federation does not provide office space or equipment. The contractor should be prepared to send a representative to board meetings and other events at the expense of the Federation upon the request of the board of directors.
Please send responses to the request by February 15, 2006:
Federation of Genealogical Societies
PO Box 200940
Austin, Texas 78720-0940
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone inquiries only to Pat Oxley at 512-733-5993.