Are you looking for a genealogy business opportunity? If so, read on.
The founders of Pearl Street Software have mostly moved on to a new project and are opening up bidding for their company to interested parties. Cliff, Chris, and Ryan still very much believe in the company they've built but think it would best be left to another party to bring it to the next level. Therefore, Pearl Street Software and its products are now for sale.
The major assets of the company as noted by the founders are as follows:
Family Tree Legends Software Line
- #1-Rated Genealogy Software and the number two position at retail as well as number two in worldwide units sold.
- Major US publishing agreement with Individual Software: http://www.individualsoftware.com/new/consumer/details/fl5_details.htm
- Major UK publishing agreement with Focus MM: http://www.focusmm.co.uk/store/productpages/productinfo/ess605.html
FTL Records Collection
- 400 million records. One of the largest online repositories for the US. This includes Search technology that can scale to much larger record sets.
- 10 million page views per month.
- 135 million ancestors, making it the #2 GEDCOM/family tree site.
- 300,000 monthly users.
- 160,000 registered users.
- No current advertising. Untapped ad revenues.
- SmartMatching: Most widely regarded matching technology. Built into FTL and GenCircles with auto-matching and merging process.
- Internet Synching Technology: Enables FTL to synch entire dataset to servers to backup users' files, publish them to GenCircles.
- FTL Source Code: Significant competitive technologies such as Real-Time Internet Backup & Publishing, SmartMatch merging, GenGrams, charting, etc.
Interested parties should inquire at email@example.com.