The following is an announcement from Ancestor Detective, LLC:
The all-new Clooz 2.0 has been released! Clooz 2.0, the electronic filing cabinet for genealogical records, has been completely rewritten and now includes more than 100 templates for specific genealogy records, plus the ability to use generic templates for those records without a specific template. Clooz is not a genealogy program, it's a utility that can be used in conjunction with your genealogy program to keep track of all the papers and electronic documents that you collect during the research process. In fact, this version of Clooz can work directly with Legacy Family Tree 6.0, directly saving people and sources added to Clooz. But users don't need to use Clooz with Legacy--it works on its own as well.
This version of Clooz includes a GEDCOM 5.5 import, making bringing your people and sources into Clooz a quick and easy process. There is also a Research Log, where you can enter information about resources as you look at them, whether you have positive or negative results. If your research results in a positive find, you can add a Personal File Number to the Research Log template and then create a new Clooz template based on some of the information in the Research Log. It's a quick and easy way to record your genealogical results as you're researching.
Some of the templates included in the program are:
- All U.S. federal census population schedules, as well as mortality, agricultural, manufacturing schedule
- Canadian census schedules, 1851-1911, plus 1836, and 1906-1945 regional schedules, and some non-population schedules
- All available U.K. census schedules, 1841-1901
- Ireland censuses for 1901 and 1911
- French censuses for 1831-1901
- Mecklenburg Schwerin census for 1819
- Norwegian censuses for 1801-1900
- Generic census templates for other censuses not included
- Birth, marriage, death, burial
- Passenger lists and naturalization
- Deeds, tax lists, and voter registration
- Four types of directories: population, farm, religious, and school
- Maps and photos
- 8 source templates based on Elizabeth Shown Mills' book "Evidence: Citation and Analysis for the Family Historian"
Clooz 2 is available for download now at http://www.clooz.com/download.htm. The program is initially in demo mode and anyone can use the program for 30 days or 15 tries. After that, the program sells for $39.95 ($20 upgrade price for registered users). Download-only options are available. The initial release of Clooz 2.0 does not contain all of the reports that will ultimately be in the program. As soon as the reports are all included, those who ordered the CD-option of the program will receive a CD with the full program.
Users of previous versions of Clooz can upgrade for $20, if the user is registered. Clooz 2 easily converts databases from previous versions. At present, there is no user's manual, but the help within the program is complete and explains how to use the program. The manual will be ready soon and will be a free download from the Clooz website, or the print version will be able to be purchased from the Clooz website. Additionally, a Clooz tutorial is in the works and will be available soon on DVD as a separate purchase. Customer support is free to registered users of Clooz.
Clooz has been on the market since 1997. It was created by Ancestor Detective, LLC, a Plymouth, Michigan, based company owned by professional genealogist Elizabeth Kelley Kerstens, CG, CGL.