iFamily for Tiger is a genealogy program for the Macintosh. I don't yet have a copy so I cannot describe it in detail but the program sure sounds interesting. Here is a copy-and-paste from the program's web site:
iFamily for Tiger is a genealogy application for people who think differently. Whereas other genealogy software tends to emphasize the family unit, this software's focus is on each individual person. This distinction is subtle and is a feature of iFamily for Tiger. In iFamily for Tiger you can see at a glance whether an individual has more than 2 parents or more than 1 spouse. Parent-child relationships may be natural (the default), step, adopted or foster relationships.
Designed to focus on each individual person rather than as a family unit, other features of the application include:
- easy to use intuitive interface
- display multiple spouses and step children
- handles nearly 50 different image formats as well as including its own photo cropping/editing function
- images may be added individually or in batches using drag/drop or cut/paste from iPhoto, folders or taken from a web page. The application also includes an image transcription function to assist the user to interpret and record information from images of old documents and tombstones.
- the navigation within iFamily for Tiger is simple and fast. As the user works with this application it remembers not only the data that has been entered, but also the navigational route the user has followed.
- simple but powerful search field is provided in the toolbar that provides searches on Name, ID, Title, Birth Date or Place, Cause of Death, Notes, Comments or more
- Gedcom import and export
iFamily for Tiger is for Apple Mac users who like to use the latest hardware and the latest operating system. It will not run on systems earlier than Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger). Although it works well on smaller machines it is best used with one of the larger displays (17"+) that is set to its maximum resolution and a mouse that has more that one button.
This is the genealogy application that Mac users have been waiting for, and it will allow them to use the full power of their investment in the latest Apple Mac hardware and OSX - the most advanced system on the market.
You can read more at http://ifamilyfortiger.com