You can read this newsletter via several different methods:
E-mail: Subscribe to either the Plus Edition or to the Standard Edition at http://www.eogn.com.
The Plus Edition is sent by e-mail once a week. It has the full text of all articles posted in the past seven days, including the in-depth and how-to articles written exclusively for Plus Edition subscribers. It also includes brief mentions of all articles in two other sections of the newsletter: Other News and Announcements. There is no advertising in the Plus Edition newsletter. You may subscribe to the Plus Edition newsletter by going to http://www.eogn.com and clicking on "Subscribe to the Plus Edition Newsletter."
The free Standard Edition e-mail is sent daily, if there are new articles posted within the past twenty-four hours. The Standard Edition newsletter has the titles and first sentence or two from each article posted in the past twenty-four hours, but not the full text of the articles. Standard Edition subscribers still need to click on a link to visit the web site to read the full articles. The Standard Edition also does not contain the Plus Edition articles. The Standard Edition newsletter is supported by advertising. You may subscribe to the free Standard Edition newsletter by going to http://www.eogn.com and filling in your e-mail address near the upper right corner of that page and then clicking on SUBSCRIBE ME!
Web browser: The newsletter is divided into four sections. You can read them in any web browser:
- The free Standard Edition newsletter is always available at http://www.eogn.com. Articles are posted more or less daily, sometimes several times a day. The site is supported by advertising.
- The Plus Edition newsletter is always available at http://www.eogn.com/plusedition. You will need your Plus Edition user name and password to access that page. There is no advertising in the Plus Edition newsletter's pages.
- The Other News section is available at http://othernews.eogn.com
- The Genealogy Announcements page is available at http://announcements.eogn.com
RSS News Reader: If you use an RSS newsreader for speed and convenience, you will prefer these addresses:
- The free Standard Edition newsletter is always available at http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/index.rdf
- The Other News section's RSS feed is available at http://othernews.eogn.com/index.rdf
- The Genealogy Announcements section's RSS feed is available at http://announcements.eogn.com/index.rdf
- All three of the above are available on one RSS news feed at http://www.eogn.com/all-the-news/index.rdf
The advantage of the e-mail is that it is automatic; you do not need to remember to check it. Each newsletter is delivered directly to your in-box. The disadvantage is that spam filters in your e-mail provider's mail server may delete the newsletter without your knowledge.