The following announcement was written by Wholly Genes, Inc.:
Announcing the 3rd Annual Genealogy Conference and Cruise. The largest family history conference on the seas.
Wholly Genes, Inc., of Columbia, Maryland, is proud to announce the 2007 Genealogy Conference and Cruise, October 28-November 4, 2007. This annual event attracts more than 400 family researchers who learn about research methods, tools, and techniques from some of the foremost experts in those fields.
This year’s conference will be held on the elegant Caribbean Princess as it cruises the Eastern Caribbean. Between educational lectures, the group will enjoy relaxing vacations at the tropical ports of St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Princess Cays, Bahamas.
This conference on the sea has a reputation for hosting an all-star lineup of lecturers that rivals many national and regional conferences. This year’s event is no exception, offering an unprecedented schedule of ten principal speakers, including some of the most prominent professional genealogists and technology experts from the United States, England, and Ireland:
- John Grenham, Ireland's foremost genealogist.
- John Titford, LHG FSG, prominent British genealogist and popular author.
- Dick Eastman, technology expert and editor of Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter.
- Hank Jones , FASG, actor, author, professional genealogist, and popular speaker.
- Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak, professional genealogist and popular author.
- Cyndi Howells of Cyndislist.com, an expert at online resources.
- Sandra Hewlett, CG, professional researcher and councilor for the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
- Robert Charles Anderson, FASG, Director of the Great Migration Study Project for NEHGS.
- Marsha Hoffman Rising, CG, CGL, FUGA, FASG, President of the American Society of Genealogists.
- Tony Burroughs, FUGA, popular genealogical author, teacher, and lecturer.
A variety of other software seminars will be offered for attendees who use The Master Genealogist (TMG) and its companion programs. Those lecturers include Bob Velke, President of Wholly Genes, Inc., as well as John Cardinal, Lee Hoffman, and other experts whose names are well known to the TMG community.
In addition to other special events, conference attendees will have the opportunity to share a meal with a speaker in a small group setting or to get a private one-on-one consultation.
“A cruise ship makes a relaxing environment in which to learn from the experts and improve our research skills,” said Velke. He added, “However, not many educational opportunities also include the ability to spend quality time with family and friends on tropical islands. We are very pleased that so many people have enjoyed this format in past years and we are looking forward to another great event.”
Prices for the week-long 2007 Genealogy Conference and Cruise start at just $848 per person (inside cabin, double occupancy) and include the cruise, food, shipboard entertainment, and attendance to all conference events. Complete details can be found at www.WhollyGenes.com/cruise.htm.
About the company:
Wholly Genes Software is a privately held corporation founded in 1993 with the goal of providing professional caliber software tools to family historians. Its flagship product, The Master Genealogist, is among the highest rated family history project managers and is in use in more than 30 countries around the world.