In recognition of St. Patrick's Day, the New England Historic Genealogical Society is offering access to its Irish databases free to the public for a limited time. Access will most likely be available through Wednesday, March 21, 2007.
The free offerings include:
- An Hibernian Atlas; or General Description of the Kingdom of Ireland
- Protestant Housekeepers in Counties Antrim, Derry, Donegal, and Londonderry, Ireland — 1740
- Index to the Marriage Licence Bonds of the Diocese of Cloyne, Ireland
- The Search for Missing Friends: Irish Immigrant Advertisements placed in The Boston Pilot 1831-1920 (this is an excellent resource, often offering references to Irish emigrants worldwide)
- Constitution, By-Laws, and History of the Charitable Irish Society of Boston
You can obtain more information or access the databases directly at http://www.NewEnglandAncestors.org.