Family Tree Maker 2008 was released a few weeks ago. It is a major re-write of a program that has been popular for years. As you might expect with a re-write, it does have bugs. Writing on the Ancestry.com blog, Family Tree Maker Brand Manager Benjamin Nettesheim has announced that a new update will be released soon.
Major bug fixes include:
- Program crashes
- A number of actions have been causing program crashes. Some of those include issues with the merge / export, Vista issues, installation, and more.
- Data corruption
- Again, caused by a number of issues some including the action of adding an unrelated person, importing V16 files, and more.
- Corrections and additions to charts and reports
- Import bugs and Merge fixes
- Internet connection issues
Nettesheim also wrote, "Although I cannot give an exact date, I can announce that you should expect that soon. An October launch is still a reasonable estimate."
You can read a lot more about the new release at http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2007/10/08/family-tree-maker-update.