The following announcement was written by Synium Software GmbH:
Mainz, Germany - November 9, 2007 - Synium Software today announces the full release of MacFamilyTree 5, their popular genealogy application. On October 1st, 2007, MacFamilyTree 5 had entered Public Beta and received a widespread acclaim from users worldwide.
MacFamilyTree 5 is the most advanced genealogy software on the Mac and is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard). Rewritten from the ground up using XCode and Cocoa, MacFamilyTree sports a much faster database engine, and a completely redesigned user interface, marking Version 5.0 as the most significant update in the application's history.
* Completely configurable user interface:
- Windows and Panes for data entry and manipulation can be fitted according to personal taste.
* Family Assistant:
- Dynamically and graphically guides users through the process of creating and maintaining family trees.
* CoreData Database Technology:
- MacFamilyTree can easily handle multiple thousands of individuals and families.
* Visualize Through Virtual Globe:
- Interactively visualize a family tree through time and space.
* Integrated Web-Hosting Service:
- All registered customers may upload their family trees as HTML to the Internet, free of charge.
* Made for Printed Output, Presentations or Screen:
- Views can be edited just like with a DTP program and easily printed, and prepared for online presentations or on the screen.
* User-Selectable Themes:
- New and improved HTML export now includes user-selectable themes.
* .Mac Integration:
- Facilitate sharing of family trees via Apple's own dedicated web-hosting service.
* GEDCOM Compatible:
- Fully compatible with GEDCOM for sharing genealogy data.
* US English, French, Italian and German
MacFamilyTree 5 requires Mac OS X 10.4.9 or higher, a PPC Macintosh with 512 MByte RAM (1024 recommended), ATI Radeon 7500 or NVidia GeForce 4 MX graphics chipset or better and a minimum of 16 MByte video memory. All Macintosh computers with Intel processors and Intel's GMA 950 graphics chipset or better are supported. MacFamilyTree 5 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
Pricing and Availability:
MacFamilyTree 5 can be purchased for $49.00 USD. $25 USD upgrade. Demo is also available for download. Update from all previous versions of MacFamilyTree requires valid registration key from previous versions. For customers who purchased MacFamilyTree 4 on, or after August 14th, 2007 the upgrade to MacFamilyTree 5 is free. Registration codes will automatically work with MacFamilyTree 5.
Synium Software GmbH is a software development and consulting company, based in Mainz (Mayence), Germany. Apart from being a successful publisher within the Mac software market, they offer a popular web-based news service on MacTechNews.de for the German-speaking audience. Copyright 2005 - 2007 Synium Software GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.