Arlene Eakle is a prolific genealogy writer with more than 90 titles completed. She has been writing a general-purpose genealogy blog at http://www.arleneeakle.com/wordpress for nearly two years now. Now Arlene has started a Virginia genealogy blog.
Arlene is an expert in tracing ancestors from the Southern States, including the Appalachian Triangle – southwest Virginia, northeast North Carolina, southeast Kentucky, and east Tennessee. She is also the president and founder of The Genealogical Institute, Inc., and a professional genealogist since 1962. She holds both MA and Ph.D. degrees in English History from the University of Utah and an Associate degree in Nursing from Weber State University. She was one of the founders and original trustees of the Association of Professional Genealogists, serving as president from 1980 to1982 and as editor of the APG Newsletter and Green Sheet from 1982 to1985.
Arlene’s new Virginia Genealogy blog is off to a great start. Some of the articles posted there include:
- Virginia Tax and Rent Rolls: A Checklist of Evidence
- Are your Virginia Ancestors Scots or Scots-Irish?
- Tuckahoes and Cohees/Cohoes: The Scots-Irish, Ulster Scots, Anglo Scots, Ulster Irish
- More Virginia Legalities that Affect your Genealogy Success!
- The Four Goff Brothers of Western Virginia: A New Perspective on their Lives
- Arlene Eakle’s Virginia Genealogy Research Notebooks
- Virginia Origins in Southwestern England?
- “Virginia is for Lovers” of genealogy…
If you have an interest in Virginia Genealogy, you will want to add Arlene Eakle’s Virginia Genealogy blog to your reading list. Go to: http://virginiagenealogyblog.com.