The following announcement was written by John Cardinal:
North Andover, MA - May 5, 2009 - John Cardinal is pleased to announce the release of Second Site 3, the latest version of the highly-regarded web site builder for use with The Master Genealogist (TMG) from Wholly Genes Software. Second Site makes professional-quality pages from your TMG data and includes dozens of features for making interesting, informative sites.
Version 3 includes a new control for displaying DNA test results and a ground-breaking new DNA Overlay Chart that adds DNA information to a descendant chart. The DNA Overlay Chart was inspired by requests from professional genealogists and the design was guided by comments from an advisory panel of DNA project managers.
This upgrade also includes:
- New facilities for combining charts, commentary, pictures and other rich content on user-designed pages.
- A what-you-see-is-what you get (WYSIWYG) editor for HTML text.
- A control for adding animated slideshows to user-designed pages.
- A new one-step publishing command that works with the Family History Hosting service (http://www.familyhistoryhosting.com) to make publishing a site fast and easy!
- Dozens of minor enhancements.
See the demonstration site (http://ss.johncardinal.com/demo) for example output from the new features.
Web sites made with Second Site have been praised in books and magazine articles and have won awards from genealogical societies such as the Guild of One-Name Studies. To create a professional-quality, award-winning site, use Second Site.
Second Site 3 is available via download only. Please see the Second Site home page (http://ss.johncardinal.com) for ordering information including pricing.