GEDitCOM II is a new genealogy application for Macintosh OS X that sets the standard for Macintosh ease-of-use editing of genealogy files, for customization of the user experience, and for power features allowing the greatest access to your genealogical data.
GEDitCOM II is a rewritten version of GEDitCOM using Apple's Cocoa environment. It will greatly exceed user-interface features of GEDitCOM. It will retain the philosophy of GEDitCOM to be a customizable genealogy application for editing and viewing GEDCOM genealogy files. Users of GEDitCOM, should find GEDitCOM II easy to use.
GEDitCOM II features:
- Link genealogy data to pictures, sounds, movies - and any file type!
- Share multimedia with iPhoto, iTunes, and iMovie
- Built-in media browser
- Drag & drop multimedia files to link them
Charts and Reports
- Ancestor and descendant family tree charts
- Portraits in charts
- Charts synchronized with text
- Dynamic charts - expand and contract branches
- Charts scalable for viewing or printing
- Many types of text reports
- Print reports or export them web files
- GEDitCOM II supports all the genealogy options you will ever need.
- Document research on any number of individuals in any number of families with multiple spouses, numerous "events", and all LDS ordinances
- Attach sources to any data
- Track your research efforts with research log records
- Organize your records into albums (like in iPhoto)
Macintosh Ease of Use
- Multi-window "browser" interface
- Powerful index window
- Drag & drop features
- Switchable user interface per user preference
- Powerful searching tools
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Macintosh "Cocoa" environment
- Universal Binary application
- Unicode text
Features for Power Users
- 100% support for GEDCOM 5.5 files
- Import any GEDCOM file
- Direct editing of GEDCOM data
- GEDCOM validation tool
- Use html elements in notes
- Advanced file and record merging
- Export all or part of the file to a GEDCOM file
- Drag records between files
Everything is Customizable
- An AppleScriptable application for creating reports or manipulating data
- The entire interface is customizable by using the "GEDitCOM Editor"
- Customize columns in the main index window
- Customize data shown in family tree charts
- Customize all fonts and colors
The installation will replace any prior installed beta versions of GEDitCOM II (if you have it in your main "Applications" folder); it will not affect the original GEDitCOM application (if you have that on your computer).
GEDitCOM II, as a new application, will not be a free update of GEDitCOM. It will be significantly discounted for current GEDitCOM users (with a few free copies for those who have been providing input during development).
GEDitCOM II sells for $64.99. Significant discounts are available for those upgrading from an earlier version of GEDitCOM. A free demo version may be downloaded from http://www.geditcom.com.