The following was written by Northern Hills Software:
Pocket Genealogist Version 3.40 is now available for download from the Northern Hills Software website. This is another free update for all version 3 customers, simply download and install 3.40 on top your current version. (As always the update is a complete version of Pocket Genealogist. You can update any V3 release with this version)
Downloads can be found at http://www.northernhillssoftware.com/download.htm.
This version has the following changes:
- Device/Desktop: Pocket Genealogist is now fully UNICODE compliant. (It can still import ANSI, ANSEL, UTF-8 or UNICODE, but internally everything is now UNICODE) Unicode provides much better support for International character sets.
- Device/Desktop: Support for Legacy Version 184.108.40.206. This version of Legacy has database changes so you will need to re-import your Pocket Genealogist databases.
- Desktop: Support for Family Historian V4.
- Desktop: On GEDCOM export, ANSI, UTF-8 or UNICODE can now be selected as the ‘encoding’ type.
- Desktop: Changes to PAF/FTM Add-on (especially for FTM 2008 and 2009) to take extra measures to ensure that all individuals are imported.
- Desktop: Windows 98 and ME no longer supported.
- Device: Support for devices with screen resolution of 400×240.
- Device/Desktop: Update to most language translations.
- Desktop: The Backup feature for 2-way Legacy syncing will now default to the location of the Legacy database if no backup path is found in the Legacy configuration file.
- Desktop: Support for “Between” dates for FTM 2008/2009 Add-on Imports.
- Desktop: Fixed Direct Ancestral Quest imports to support ‘relative’ paths for multimedia files.
- Device: Changed label on To Do screen from “Date” to “Due Date” for FTM imports.
- Device: Fix to Individual “Main” tab for Smartphones with 320×320 screens. (Display and edit of Given and Surname)
- Desktop: Fix to Legacy 2 way sync as it would re-sync images that didn’t need to be synced. (Wasn’t causing any harm, but was unnecessary)
- Desktop: Fix to desktop sync screen to properly display memory / storage card locations available for syncing on device. (Was not working with 64-bit Vista)
- Device: Disallow editing or deletion of To Do’s for FTM Add-on import.
You can learn more at http://www.PocketGenealogist.com.