Ancestry.com has now made the official announcement: Family Tree Maker 2010 is now available for purchase online at http://www.familytreemaker.com starting at $39.95. The program is also set to be released in select retail stores.
The following announcement was written by Ancestry.com:
No. 1 Selling Family Tree Software Continues to Offer Users Online Integration With Ancestry.com and Other Web Resources Including Microsoft® BingTM Maps
PROVO, UT--(August 19, 2009) - Ancestry.com, the world's largest online resource for family history, today announced the release of Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker 2010, a new and improved version of the world's No. 1 selling family history software.
Family Tree Maker 2010 provides users the tools they need to build their family tree, record their memories and organize their family photos, stories, videos and audio clips in a way that will help them easily capture and share the story of their ancestors.
Additionally, this new software provides unique ways to view your family history. Users can now track the migration paths of a person and their family through time, by mapping event locations with Microsoft® Bing™ Maps. They can also view relationships between any two people in their family tree by using the improved relationship calculator and create family books made from information and photos from their tree.
Users can also utilize the robust collection of family history records on Ancestry.com and powerful search features -- without leaving Family Tree Maker. When connected to the Internet, Family Tree Maker 2010 automatically searches Ancestry.com for historical documents about the individuals in the user's family tree. With a few mouse clicks, users with an Ancestry.com subscription can view and import these historical records into their family tree.
"In the last 20 years, Family Tree Maker has always made it easy to discover your story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage as you explore your family tree on your personal computer," said Andrew Wait, Senior Vice President and General Manager, U.S., Ancestry.com. "Now Family Tree Maker 2010 introduces even richer storytelling and organizational tools that can add new life to your family history."
What's New in Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker 2010?
The following new and improved features expand Family Tree Maker's capabilities:
- Improved integration with Ancestry.com - Easily download your Ancestry.com family tree, including photos and stories, directly into Family Tree Maker 2010.
- New and improved charts and reports - Tell a richer family story with numerous improvements to charts and reports including a new timeline report, improved family group sheet and genealogy reports.
- Better ways to organize photos and other media - Easier and faster ways to add, link and categorize photos and files in bulk.
- Photo Slideshows - Create and share slideshows based on images included within your family tree. Slideshows can also be exported to share with others.
- Family books made from your tree - Create a book about your family history to share with friends and family.
- Standard source templates - Cite the right information in your records with access to powerful sourcing tools that let you document and rate each citation.
- Robust relationship calculator - Quickly calculate the relationships between any two people in your tree.
- Scanner support - Add photos to your tree directly from your scanner and organize them into categories at the same time.
- Extended family birthday calendars - Easily create and share calendars that show family birthdays and anniversaries.
- Extensive geographical migrations - View a person or family timeline with event locations, like births, marriages, residences and death, mapped geographically to show migration paths you can follow through time.
- Improved performance - faster load times and quicker performance across the application.
We have built Family Tree Maker 2010 with our broad range of users in mind. The software spans the range of user ability with an easy-to-use interface that also offers advanced, robust features for even the most experienced genealogist.
"It seems that Family Tree Maker 2010 is much more intuitive and user-friendly," said Robert Tenuta, Family Tree Maker user in Orland Park, IL. "The enhancements and updates are outstanding and up-to-date. The expansion of the charts and reports are great, too."
Family Tree Maker 2010 is now available to purchase online at http://www.familytreemaker.com starting at $39.95. The program is also set to be released in select retail stores.
* Internet access required for Microsoft Bing Maps and other Web integration.
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history and has digitized and put online over 4 billion records over the past twelve years. Ancestry users have created over ten million family trees containing over one billion profiles. Ancestry.com has local Web sites directed at nine countries, and more than 8 million unique visitors spent more than 5 million hours on an Ancestry Web site in May 2009 (comScore Media Metrix, Worldwide). For more information on Ancestry.com and its other family history resources, visit http://corporate.ancestry.com.