The following announcement was written by the New England Regional Genealogical Conference:
The Third Librarians’ and Teachers’ Day will be held on April 6, 2011 in conjunction with the 11th New England Regional Genealogical Society Conference in Springfield, Massachusetts.
"Librarians’ and Teachers’ Day" provides the opportunity for professionals to learn how genealogy can serve them in their dual roles as curators of their unique collections and as ambassadors of genealogy resources for their schools and libraries.
Lecture proposals are now being accepted for the series of sessions entitled, “Throughout the Ages and Throughout the Curricula: Genealogy as a Pursuit for all Learners." Presentations are sought in the following categories: 1) elementary education; 2) secondary; 3) undergraduate and beyond; and 4) continuing education and lifelong learning.
Ideal paper proposals will suggest strategies for how to optimize the human, material, and online resources that can assist students' and community borrowers' inquiries in addition to enhancing program development to attract all prospective patrons who might otherwise be unaware of local educational and archival resources.
Each session will last one hour. This includes a question and answer period.
Please include the following information with each one-page proposal :
- a brief comprehensive lecture outline or abstract demonstrating the relationship to Librarians’ and Teachers’ Day theme
- a short lecture summary (50 words or less) for the Conference brochure
- audio/visual requirements (NERGC supplies a screen and microphone; speakers must supply their own LCD projectors)
- each speaker's full name, address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers
- a brief speaker biography (75 words or less) for the conference brochure
- a resumé of previous lecture experience
The deadline for submissions of lecture proposals is March 1, 2010. Lecture proposals may be submitted at any time prior to that date by e-mail to or by regular mail to:
Sherry E. Gelbwasser, ED.D.
NERGC2011 Librarians’ and Teachers’ Day
51 Van Deene Avenue, Apt. E5
West Springfield, MA 01089