Proposals will now be accepted for the 2011 Ontario Genealogical Society Conference, to be held in Hamilton, Ontario, 13–15 May 2011.
Deadline for Submissions—31 May 2010
2011 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Ontario Genealogical Society. We are very proud of our accomplishments in the past 50 years, but also wish to emphasize future projects.
Our Conference 2011 theme will be: Remembering Our Past … Projecting The Future
We invite lecture submissions on topics about Irish, Irish Palatine, German, British Isles, Eastern European, Jewish, Involving Youth & Beginner Research; migration patterns from Europe to Canada; general genealogical topics including methodology, skills building, record analysis and problem solving. Lectures should keep our theme in mind and also focus on the use of future technology for research.
Sessions are generally limited to fifty minutes plus a ten-minute question-and-answer session. Syllabus material (PDF files), due in early 2011, is required for each lecture or workshop presentation.
Proposals should include the following information:
Individuals may submit any number of proposals. Complete proposals must be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject: 2011 OGS Conference -Call for Papers.
- Speaker’s full name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
- Lecture title, not to exceed fourteen words, and a brief but comprehensive outline
- Short summary of the lecture; word count not to exceed twenty-five words, which will be used in the program, if selected.
- Speakers are expected to use an electronic presentation program and provide their own computers. OGS will provide the digital projector, cart and power strip, and projector support.
- Brief speaker biography, not to exceed twenty-five words.
- Resume of recent lectures given by the speaker. Those who have not spoken previously at a regional or national conference are encouraged to submit an audio or video tape of a recent lecture.
Selected speakers will be notified in the summer of 2010. Speakers whose sessions are not sponsored will receive a complimentary full conference registration with CD syllabus. Compensation, food, and lodging will be based on the number of lectures given, and transportation expenses will depend upon the speaker’s home address. Speakers who have their sessions sponsored will receive a complimentary one-day registration from OGS for the day of the presentation. Any additional expenses related to conference registration, compensation, food, lodging, and transportation expenses are per the discretion of the sponsoring organization.
Organizations wishing to sponsor a lecture or track of lectures at the 2011 OGS Conference in Hamilton, Ontario, can see the details and sponsor requirements on our website at www.ogs.on.ca
Questions? Contact the OGS Programme Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org