TNG 8 is Here
SANDY, Utah. -- Version 8 of The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ("TNG"), is now available from Next Generation Software. More than 100 new features, enhancements and adjustments have been added to the popular program.
Already known for creating polished, easy-to-use and fun-to-build genealogy web sites, TNG now includes the following improvements:
"I'm very happy with this new release, and I think that new and existing TNG users will be as well" said Darrin Lythgoe, author of TNG. Lythgoe believes that listening to the user base is essential to the product's success. "Most of the new improvements were taken directly from user suggestions," he said.
- Better Search: Hover over the list of results to see a dynamic summary of each person or family.
- Look and Feel: Most pages have been restyled for easier use and a nicer appearance.
- Easier Installation: Do more right up front and hit the ground running.
- Media: Enjoy a new image viewer, plus a more streamlined slide show.
- User Roles: New labels make it simple to assign rights to members of your family or research team.
- Relationship: Now locate multiple relationships between people in your file.
- Search Engines: A few key changes should make your pages more visible to Google and others.
- People: Build your tree right from the pedigree page if you'd like.
- Dates: A new calendar page summarizes family events in a familiar format.
- Mod Manager: This tool allows you to easily add or remove custom code changes. Many "mods" have already been developed by TNG users and an be downloaded free.
Existing TNG site owners can get the upgrade for $12.99 or for free, depending on when they purchased their previous version. New users can buy the program for $29.99 at http://www.tngsitebuilding.com.
TNG was introduced in 2001 and now drives thousands of genealogy web sites around the world in several languages. It gives you a powerful way to manage and display your genealogy data on your own web site, all without generating a single page of static HTML. It's built with PHP (a scripting language) and uses a MySQL database. If your hosting provider supports PHP and MySQL, you can run TNG on your site. If you don't have a web site, a few quality hosting providers are recommended on the TNG web site.
More information, including FAQs, sample sites, demos, and a complete list of new features, can be found on the TNG web site, http://www.tngsitebuilding.com.