If I may engage in a bit of shameless self-promotion, I'll point out that I will be delivering the keynote address with the title of Maine Outhouses I Have Known and Loved. Yes, you read that right. THOSE outhouses. I'll even describe a three-story outhouse and will hopefully have a photo or two as well.
I will suggest that this is a non-traditional topic for genealogy conferences!
Of course, there are quite a few other presenters who are speaking on traditional topics, including:
- Conservation: Keeping Up With Technology presented by Dick Eastman
- Full Fathom Five: A Daughter's Search presented by Mary Lee Fowler
- Preserving Your Digital Photographs presented by David Mishkin
- Researching Your Swedish Ancestors from Maine presented by Kay Sheldon
- Researching Your World War II Ancestor presented by Jack Battick
- The Organized Genealogist presented by Dick Eastman
- Tips on Interpreting Town Clerk's Handwriting presented by Marlene Groves
- Treasures in your Town Vault presented by Kathy Montejo
- Wikis for Genealogists presented by Dick Eastman
If you would like to visit Maine in the height of the foliage season, spend a day or two along the rockbound coast, stay at a major resort, learn about genealogy, and perhaps learn about outhouses, you will enjoy this conference.
For more information about the Maine Genealogical Society Family History Conference, go to http://www.maineroots.org
For more information about the Point Lookout Resort & Conference Center (pictured to the right, click on the image for a larger picture), look at http://www.visitpointlookout.com/