You can read my earlier review of GedView at http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2009/07/gedview-for-the-iphone.html.
GedView works with any desktop genealogy program for Windows, Macintosh, or Linux. It imports data from standard GEDCOM files. All of today's genealogy programs can create GEDCOM files. GedView will:
- Import GEDCOM files by download over GPRS, EDGE, 3G,or WiFi
- Import GEDCOM files by uploading over WiFi (Bonjour supported)
- Import GEDCOM files from email attachments (2.14 and above, iPad / iOS4 and above)
- Import GEDCOM files from other apps, such as Safari or Dropbox. Compatible sites include RootsWeb, Ancestry, and FamilySearch(2.14 and above, iPad / iOS4 and above)
- Import GEDCOM files over USB cable via iTunes. (2.14 and above, iPad / iOS4 and above)
- Import zip compressed GEDCOM files. (2.14.2 and above)