The following is from the Yahoo "Hot Jobs" web site at http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/jobsearch/job_detail.html?job_id=J895QA628TD&source=jobalert:
Online Marketing Coordinator - Toronto, Canada: Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com Inc. (Nasdaq: ACOM) is the world's largest online family history resource, with more than one million paying subscribers. The company has digitized and put online more than four billion records over the years. Ancestry users have created over 14 million family trees containing nearly 1.5 billion names and 32 million archival photographs, documents, and stories. We operate local websites directed at nine countries, including our flagship website at www.ancestry.com.
My thanks to Ian Singer for sending the job notice listing.
With employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
Our offices are centrally located on Yonge Street and Finch.
We are looking for an organized, process driven individual who will be responsible for ensuring all marketing campaigns and other site updates are executed on time and to brief.
A highly motivated, reliable, responsible self starter who is looking to extend their existing marketing experience into the online space is key to expand our team.
You will become part of a very small, core team with an entrepreneurial culture. The Canadian market is a high profile priority for the company, and as such, every position is critical for success and will have input and responsibility for achieving goals. Effectively integrating with and contributing to the team is vital; exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will be integral to your success in this role.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and highly motivated person with an expertise for organization and project management, a results-oriented approach, and an analytical yet creative personality.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
This position requires a self-motivated marketer that can manage projects independently, but work cohesively as part of a small team. As our website is hosted out of the US, you will be working largely with operational resources based in the US.
- Work with US-based product and operations team to ensure all product changes and other site updates are completed on time and localized to meet the English and French-Canadian speaking market requirements, which may include the creation of business cases, project details and development requirements.
- Set up and deploy email campaigns using DreamMail and provide regular reporting on performance.
- Manage the site banner strategy, including targeting, tracking, and regular reporting. Develop creative briefs to refresh creative regularly and support new content launches.
- Support key marketing campaigns and other promotions by ensuring landing pages and banners are executed on time and to brief.
- Set up tracking tags for all key activities driving traffic to the site and provide regular reporting on performance.
- Liaise with Member Services to advise them of upcoming promotions and assist with the resolution of customer service matters.
- Prepare performance reports for all campaigns, site traffic and email activity regularly in preparation for weekly and monthly meetings and other company presentations, as necessary.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks and projects as required to support the Marketing Department.
Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience working in a role where you were responsible for updating content for a large, multi-faceted website. Your interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to work well with others across distances, and the ability to navigate a variety of internal systems and tools with a positive attitude is vital to the success of this role.
Highly regarded skills:
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field (Business, Marketing, Communications etc) or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Strength for analytics and reporting
- Knowledge of online marketing principles
- Strong and confident oral and written communication skills
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
- Basic html and/or design knowledge
- Experience supporting and/or deploying email campaigns (i.e. DreamMail)
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Omniture
- Experience tracking online campaigns using tracking codes
- Experience in managing campaigns from briefing creative agencies through to implementation and tracking
- Interest in genealogy and family history is a plus
Begin your online application by submitting your resume to email@example.com. Please reference ONLINE MARKETING COORDINATOR – Toronto, Canada in the subject field of your e-mail.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at www.ancestry.com/careers.