The Legacy Family Tree database is transferred from a PC to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.The information can then be carried in your pocket and is available almost instantly whenever you want, wherever you are.
The Families web site notes that the new program supports the following functionality:
- Multiple family files
- New family files can be created from scratch
- Family View and Pedigree View
- Index, searchable by Given Name, Surname or RIN
- To Do Lists
- Master and Detail Sources
- Locations and Addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
- Alternate Names
- Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
- Portrait and Landscape mode on all views
- Full screen support on the iPad
- Legacy file versions 6 and 7 are supported
Families is available at the Apple App store for $14.99.
Families also requires a companion program running on the PC to transfer family files to and from the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. This program, Families Sync, can be downloaded free of charge from TelGen Limited's web site at www.telgen.co.uk/families. Note that iTunes must be installed in order to use this program.
For more information, look at www.telgen.co.uk/families
Please feel free to republish this article wherever you wish for non-profit use, but please attribute the source. For details, please click here.