The following was written by Footnote.com, which is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Ancestry.com:
Footnote.com Chief Architect
Footnote.com is part of iArchives, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ancestry.com with offices in Lindon, UT. Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 13 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than one million subscribers to create nearly 19 million family trees that contain nearly 1.9 billion profiles, and make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
The Footnote.com Chief Architect will report to Footnote’s General Manager and will be responsible for leading a team of four senior engineers to develop new features and functionality and keep the Footnote.com website at stellar levels of performance, availability, and innovation.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Provide technical leadership and ongoing training of the Footnote engineering team in the latest open source web development tools and technologies
- Personally deliver production code along with the other Footnote developers
- Work closely with the Product Management and User Experience team to evaluate, prioritize, and implement new features and functionality using Agile methodology
- Contribute strategically as a member of the Footnote senior team in helping define and achieve overall company goals
- Promote an ongoing Footnote culture of fun, efficiency, and innovation
- Must have a strong understanding of large scale web architecture and object oriented methodologies
- Must have some experience with the basics of PHP and Linux
- Experience leading teams in an Agile development environment
- Flash/ActionScript would be a strong plus
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Begin your online application at our career site.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.