Martha Stewart has discovered genealogy! At least, she has added family tree arts and crafts projects to her web site. MarthaStewart.com features 12 family tree designs suitable for framing. Projects include:
- Make a Family Tree - Branch out four generations of your family with a clip-art tree and clip-art name boxes illustrated by Darcy Miller, editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings.
- Branching Out: New Takes on the Family Tree - Help your kids visualize their extended family in a cute and colorful way, using bird templates to depict the grandparents and successive generations.
- Framed Silhouette Family Tree - This display has a silhouette of each family member set in an inexpensive store-bought frame.
- Giving Tree Family Tree - This drawing by New York artist Melinda Beck has a sophisticated charm and a pleasing symmetry that's perfect for an elegant family tree.
- Heirloom Family Tree in a Glass Dome - A random assortment of family keepsakes, from a grandfather's spectacles to a baby's christening spoon, takes on a cohesive, deliberate look that's almost Victorian when encased in a delicate glass dome.
- Flower Family Tree - This wall hanging represents that basic biological truth with a variety of subtly colored clip-art blossoms.
- and much, much more.
You can find the Martha Stewart Family Tree projects at http://goo.gl/LJCv5