Data for 7 town cemeteries available now
- All records to be online by early July
- The first data release comprises burial records for seven towns in the English East Midlands area of north/northeast Northamptonshire: Broughton, Burton Latimer, Cransley, Desborough, Pytchley, Rothwell and Rushden.
- In all, there are approximately 24,000 records in the first batch of data, dating back to 1888, the largest of which is Rushden.
- The data comprises register scans and grave details for all 24,000 burials
- Photos of all memorials in Broughton, Cransley and Pytchley cemeteries are also included and there are some photos for memorials in other cemeteries.
- The remaining 151,000 records are from Kettering's two cemeteries, London Rd and Rothwell Rd, and the town's Crematorium which serves a large area stretching across much of north Northamptonshire and into the neighbouring west Cambridgeshire and south Leicestershire. These are expected to be added to the Deceased Online database in early July so keep checking the website.
Wiltshire update - Trowbridge records now live
Further to recently published datasets for cemeteries in Wiltshire, records for Trowbridge, the 7th and largest, are now available www.deceasedonline.com. Register scans and grave details for all 20,666 burials back to 1856 are included.
If you enjoyed this article, Tweet it, share it on Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.