The following announcement was written by Deceased Online:
Nearly 1 million Scottish burial and cremation records now available
- 313,000 records for Edinburgh’s Seafield Cemetery and Crematorium and for Warriston Crematorium are now on www.deceasedonline.com.
- Nearly 39,000 burial records dating from 1888 to the present day for Seafield Cemetery feature scans of mortality registers (with many of them including details of the type of hearse used!).
- Over 49,500 records from 1939 for Seafield Crematorium are available as scans of cremation register pages.
- Records for Warriston Crematorium, numbering nearly 225,000 and dating back to 1929, are available as scans of cremation registers. Please note: records up to 1991 are immediately available – records after this date are still being uploaded but will be available shortly.
- The combined Edinburgh dataset of 313,000 means that the total Deceased Online database for Scotland now numbers just under 1 million burial and cremation records.
The Deceased Online team will be in Edinburgh on Saturday 25th June meeting delegates at the Scottish Association of Family Histories (SAFHS) national conference. They will be demonstrating the wide range of records that Deceased Online has for areas throughout Scotland including register scans, grave details, photographs of memorials with searchable inscriptions, and cemetery maps. Conference details are at: http://www.safhs.org.uk/conference.asp