Synium Software GmbH is announcing a 50% discount until July 7, 2011 on MobileFamilyTree Pro for the iPhone and iPad. MobileFamilyTree Pro is billed as "is the first full-fledged mobile genealogy application on the market." That is, unlike the other genealogy programs for the iPhone and iPad, MobileFamilyTree Pro is a complete free-standing program that does not require a Windows or Macintosh computer.
While MobileFamilyTree version 2 was a "companion" product" for use with MacFamilyTree (a Macintosh genealogy program), the new PRO version brings much of the functionality and much, if not all, of the data in the Mac version to the iPhone and iPad. It does not simply display information from another program; MobileFamilyTree Pro is the only genealogy program you need. Of course, having your genealogy information with you in your iPhone or iPad is a great convenience.
Quoting from the program's web site:
The next generation of mobile genealogy on iOS - MobileFamilyTree Pro brings the powerful features of MacFamilyTree as a standalone application to your iPhone or iPad.
For the first time it is possible to experience the fascinating world of digital genealogy on your iPhone or iPad without a Personal Computer. A Mac or PC is no longer required to use MobileFamilyTree. You can even exchange data with nearly every genealogy app on your personal computer using GEDCOM files - PC or Mac.
Take the powerful features of MobileFamilyTree Pro with you wherever you go.
Edit your family tree in an intuitive graphical environment or use various practical reports to record your family history down to the smallest detail. You can even take photos or make videos of your relatives straight from the application.
If you have MacFamilyTree on your Mac, syncing your data never was easier. All changes on your family tree will be merged when syncing different devices. An improved conflict management helps you to synchronize large genealogical research projects.
What´s new in MacFamilyTree Pro:
- Completely rewritten from scratch
- First complete genealogy application for all iOS devices on the market
- Can be used as a standalone app without MacFamilyTree or a Mac
- Full GEDCOM import & export support
- Almost all features from MacFamilyTree are available in MobileFamilyTree
- Use either a visual based editor or a card based editor to enter your family tree
- All information that can be edited in MacFamilyTree can also be viewed and edited in MobileFamilyTree
- Take pictures or make videos directly in MobileFamilyTree
- Keep track of your work by using To Do´s
- Powerful Media Browser & Places management adopted from MacFamilyTree
- All charts from MacFamilyTree are available in MobileFamilyTree
- Available Charts: Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Descendants Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram, Map Chart
- Print charts directly from your iOS Device
- Email charts to relatives
- See the paths of your ancestors in the Map chart
- All reports from MacFamilyTree are available in MobileFamilyTree
- Available Reports: Person Report, Family Group Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Events Report, Distinctive Persons Report, Birthday Report, Person List Report, Marriage List Report
- Print reports directly from your iOS Device
- Email reports to relatives
- Keep your iPhone and iPad in Sync
- Flawlessly sync to MacFamilyTree on your Mac
- Comprehensive help integrated and accessible in all views
- Universal application for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
- Support for Retina Display
- New Family Quiz
If you enjoyed this article, Tweet it, share it on Facebook or on your preferred social network. Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.