The following announcement was written by FamilySearch:
We're pleased to announce the launch of our updated FamilySearch YouTube channel, Thursday, Aug. 4th. Over the past few months, we have been creating video content to reach a variety of audiences throughout the genealogy world.
In preparation for the launch, we are giving a few influential genealogy enthusiasts a preview of the channel along with an invitation to break the news in your online communities through your blog, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
The playlists includes:
- Genealogy in 5 Minutes – a 24-episode series offering an overview of how-to’s, best practices, and helpful hints for doing genealogy.
- Woven Generations – an inspirational series about the benefits and success stories of genealogy work.
- Genealogy Fun – a fun video series highlighting the lighter side of genealogy.
- Societies and Archives – a video series highlighting genealogical societies & archives.
- Genealogy News & Events – What’s going on the genealogy world?
- Family History: Getting Started – a training video series for using FamilySearch.
- “How-to’s” from the Experts – a series of interview clips with best practices for finding your ancestors.
We value your feedback. Please don’t hesitate to let us know ways we can improve the channel and our video content. As we produce these series, if you would like to receive updates or video previews in the future please let us know. Your experience and perspective is extremely valuable to us. You can also join our FamilySearch Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter @FS_News to receive updates and other information.
If you enjoyed this article, Tweet it, share it on Google+, Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.