- TreeSync — lets you easily synchronize your tree in Family Tree Maker with an online Ancestry.com tree.
- Access and update your tree anywhere. Continue your research wherever you are whether it’s through your computer, Ancestry.com, even your iPhone or iPad.
- Easily share your tree with your family, and even work on it together. Your family and friends can view the online version of your tree without any software or a subscription. They just login with their name and email and they can always see the latest version of your tree, and can even work on adding to it if you’d like them to.
- Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world. You can keep your online tree private or make it public so that others researching your family can always find the latest version of your research. You may connect with others who have insight on your ancestors or even rare photos to share with you. And you may even find relatives you didn’t know you had.
- Blended family view — shows combined families, including stepfamilies and adoptees at a glance.
- Improved Smart Stories — give you new tools for adding and editing details.
- Chart personalization — lets you personalize charts by adding text and displaying generation labels such as parents, grandparents and great–grandparents.
- Index of individuals report — lists every individual in your tree, plus their birth, marriage and death dates.
- Customized fact sentences — let you change wording and choose what data is included in sentences that Family Tree Maker generates for certain reports and Smart Stories.
- Descendent charts between two people — make it easy to choose two individuals in your tree and create a descendant chart that shows their relationship.
Family Tree Maker 2012 requires:
- Windows® XP, Vista® (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
- Memory: 1 gigabyte of RAM memory or more
- Display 1024 x 768 resolution
- CD-ROM Drive
- All online features require Internet access
The program sells for $39.99 but a limited time, presale price of $31.99 is available now.
You can read more about the new release of Family Tree Maker 2012 at http://goo.gl/rHi1h
If you enjoyed this article, Tweet it, share it on Google+, Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.