The following is an excerpt from the Careers Page of the web site of the New England Historic Genealogical Society:
Research Services Manager
The full-time Research Services Manager is responsible for assigning research to staff, volunteers, and contractors and assuring that output is thorough, accurate, and responsive to the requests. The Research Services Manager will supervise client billing, financial tracking, and database updates; ensuring that the research process moves forward according to established schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in a history related field.
- Genealogical training.
- General computer skills including internet, e-mail, and word processing.
- 5-7 years of professional genealogical experience
- Ability to analyze documents and compile detailed narrative research reports.
- Manage a staff of 4-8 employees, volunteers, and/or contractors.
You can read the entire job posting at http://www.americanancestors.org/careers/
If you enjoyed this article, Tweet it, share it on Google+, Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.