- TreeSync — Easily synchronize your tree in Family Tree Maker with an online Ancestry.com tree.
- New Mac-Only Features — Capture photos using your iSight or built-in camera and import them directly into Family Tree Maker.
- Easy-to-understand Combined Family View — The family group view has a new “blended families” option that lets you display all of a couple’s children in one location.
- More Ancestry.com Integration — Now you can find out which members are searching for your ancestors by viewing Member Connect activity in the expanded Web Dashboard.
- Enhanced Performance
- New Image Collection — Create beautiful family trees and reports with a variety of new backgrounds and images.
Family Tree Maker for Mac normally sells for $69.99. However, if you order now you may purchase it for $55.99, a 20% discount. Users of the present version may upgrade to Family Tree Maker for Macintosh version 2 for $41.99, a 40% discount from the normal purchase price.
Family Tree Maker for Macintosh version 2 requires an Intel-based Mac running Macintosh OS X 10.5 or later, including OS X Lion and a DVD Drive. All the online features obviously will require Internet access.
Click on any of the above images to see a larger screenshot.
I am looking forward to installing this on my desktop iMac as well as the MacBook Air. Since I don't have a DVD drive for the MacBook Air, I will either have to mount the disk on the iMac and access it over the in-home network or else copy the entire DVD to a flash drive and install from that.
I'll write more after I have Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 installed and have used it for a bit. However, I may be delayed a bit as I am traveling again this week and next.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with others. Tweet it, share it on Google+, Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged, with a few minor restrictions. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.