Family Historian is the leading Windows genealogy program in the UK and it is very popular in a number of other countries as well. A new version of the program has been announced and will be available in a few months. The company is also offering a free upgrade to anyone who purchases the program now.
The following announcement was written by Calico Pie Limited:
Family Historian 5 - Coming Soon and a Free Upgrade Offer Now
10th November, 2011. Calico Pie today released details of version 5 of Family Historian, the UK's leading genealogy software program. The new version is due for release in February 2012, but thanks to a Christmas offer, anyone who buys Family Historian 4 now from a participating stockist, or as a download, will get a free upgrade to version 5 when released.
Version 5 - a Great Christmas Present
Although version 5 isn't quite ready yet, you can still effectively give it as a Christmas present! This is how:
While stocks last, customers who buy the full version of Family Historian 4 on or after November 10th, from participating stockists only, will be sent a free CD upgrade to version 5 when it is released. So you can give friends or relatives version 4 to unwrap on Christmas Day, with the upgrade to follow shortly. Or you can just keep it yourself of course...
Also - anyone who buys the download version of Family Historian 4 now (full version) will get a free downloadable upgrade to version 5 when released.
For full details of this offer, including the list of participating stockists, see www.family-historian.co.uk/v5-xmas-offer.
What's New in Version 5
In the coming weeks, we will be adding more details about version 5 and the new features on our website, at www.family-historian.co.uk/whats-new-in-v5.
- New tool for creating family tree books and booklets
- Much improved website generation and support for family tree CDs & DVDs
- New Fan Chart diagrams
- New 'flat' style All-Relatives diagram (much-requested)
- Improved data entry - especially with regard to date-handling and date validation
- New query for detecting possible errors with dates in existing records
- Enhanced 'How Related' tool shows graphically exactly how people are related
- Improved, more comprehensive backup-and-restore
- Improved import and export, including direct import from other program formats
- All reports have enhanced performance and features, including optionally an index
- Silhouettes can now be used in diagrams where required
- Much improved support for background pictures in diagrams
- Much faster diagram loading
- New reports, including a new 'how-related' report
- New tool for marking lines connecting individuals & branches in diagrams
- New 'shapes' toolbar for diagrams, including 'smart shapes' such as arrows
- Extensive new formatting options for diagrams
- Enhancements to the query capability for searching & analyzing records
- Support for plugins - a new way of extending the power of the program
- Integrated access to a new Plugin Store, with numerous free plugins adding even more features - such as a new mapping tool - and more being added all the time
- Numerous improvements to make the program even easier and more enjoyable to use
- And much more...
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with others. Tweet it, share it on Google+, Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged, with a few minor restrictions. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.