CeCe Moore has written a great overview about DNA testing for genealogy for anyone who is new to DNA. Hosted on Geni.com, the series of articles is designed to answer the most commonly-asked questions:
- Do you have a general curiosity about genetic genealogy or is your focus more specific? Are you primarily interested in researching your surname?
- Are there specific brick walls that you wish to target with the use of DNA testing?
- How far back in your family tree are these brick walls?
- What is the ancestral pattern back to these brick walls, i.e.- mother’s mother’s mother or father’s mother’s mother’s father?
- Are you ready for a long-term project or do you desire quick answers?
- Are there adoptions in your family tree that you would like to explore?
- Is your primary interest receiving a percentage breakdown of your overall ancestral origins or “ethnicity”?
You can read the first of this multi-part series at http://goo.gl/OcIE2.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with others. Tweet it, share it on Google+, Facebook or on your preferred social network.
Republishing of this article in newsletters, blogs, and elsewhere is allowed and encouraged, with a few minor restrictions. Details may be found at http://goo.gl/hoHH1.
Of course, if you haven’t done so already, you should join my email newsletter mailing list to stay current on my latest articles and announcements. You can also cancel at any time within seconds. I promise to never, ever send you any unrequested e-mail, other than newsletter updates.