The following announcement was written by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen) and the Center for
Family History and Genealogy:
The International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen) and the Center for Family History and Genealogy invite you to submit lecture proposals for the upcoming conference, “Becoming an Excellent Genealogist.”
The conference will be held at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah on October 19-20, 2012.
SAMPLE TOPICS OF INTEREST
- US and International Research Topics
- Professional Research Skills and Methodology
- Internet Research and Technology
- Effective use of FamilySearch.org
- Becoming an Accredited Genealogist, Professional Preparation
- Keeping up with the Times, Career Management
- The Essential Library
- Writing and Publishing
- Copyright and Fair Use
This conference attracts genealogists with varied skill levels, including individuals preparing for accreditation, students on the verge of entering the workforce, and seasoned professionals. Any number of proposals may be submitted. Class periods will be one hour. Every lecture room will be “tech ready” with a digital projector and internet capability.
- Structuring a Business
- Business Recordkeeping
- Managing Clients, Setting Realistic Fees, Report-Writing
- Executing Contracts
- Ethics and Legalities
Speakers will receive free admission to the conference, a free syllabus, and an honorarium of $75.00 plus a $25.00 bonus for syllabus material submitted by the deadline.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Monday, 23 July 2012
SyllabusMaterial (limit 4 pages) Submission Deadline: Monday, 3 September 2012
Please submit lecture proposals to Baerbel Johnson at email@example.com and include the following details:
Thank you for your consideration. We hope to see you at this year's conference!
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Presentation title & a brief description of your presentation (one to two sentences)
- Brief biography (up to 50 words)