The new database contains information about millions of deceased individuals and you are invited to add your information as well. With the new Family Tree, you can:
- Connect and collaborate with others on shared family lines
- Edit and delete incorrect data, including relationships
- Provide sources and links to online information that shows where you found family information
- Preserve family tree information for future generations
- Use Family Tree on behalf of someone else (helper)
- Print pedigree charts, family group records, and other reports
You can access the Family Tree by going to https://www.familysearch.org/ and clicking on FAMILY TREE near the top of the page. You will need to sign in. If you do not yet have a user name and password, you can sign up at the same web page.
Everything on the web site is available FREE of charge.
You can read more in an article by Tara Bergeson in the FamilySearch Blog at http://goo.gl/PKdfF.