July 3, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands - The AlgoCoil software company today is thrilled to announce their v1.1 release of LiveHistory, a genealogy app for the iPad, with features that extend its data model with biographical facts such as where people lived, and with whom. The app offers unique dynamic visualizations which let the user scroll through entire trees, switch roots, focus on persons or households, and even browse through time.
Forecasting of a genealogy:
The new Forecasting feature of LiveHistory computes predictions of all missing dates in the genealogy, and displays them in gray font. To achieve plausible results that are simultaneously consistent with the known facts - spanning multiple generations - in the database, the forecasting engine consults a built-in rule-bank containing consistency rules, and statistics about life-time, typical age at marriage etc.
In addition to forecasting missing dates, this version of the app also computes - for each unknown date - the earliest and latest dates that are possible without conflicting with known facts. When the user edits a forecasted unknown date, the date editor is aware of the consistency limits. Assigning a date outside the limits is flagged by LiveHistory to warn for an inconsistency by displaying the date in red.
Supported Language: English (Currently)
- Standalone iPad App: no desktop companion product. Works without a network connection
- Gedcom import: Gedcom files (.ged or .GED) mailed to you can be imported and merged
- Supported data in this version: Person, Household, Life Partner, Adoption, Occupation, Venue, Residence, Official Name, Portrait
- Freeform text notes attached to each event data item
- Selectable Viewing Date: browsing through time with the Time-Slider
- Dynamic continuous Ancestry/Descendants scrolling
- Freely selectable Ancestry/Descendants root, no need for multiple "files"
- Forecasting of unknown dates: based on consistency and informal statistics
- Consistency Guidance: rule-based, multiple generations
- Import and cropping of portrait photos from the standard iPad "Photos" App, or camera
- Smart data entry for venues: places, residences, and premises. Supports premises name and local sub-address
- Quick-Select of persons and households during editing
- Browser chart views: Person, Ancestry, Household
- Browser navigation: Person index, in-chart taps and dragging
- Editors: Person, Household, Venue, Date, Portrait, Notes
- Editor navigation: jump to related editors
- Compatible with iPad
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- 4.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, LiveHistory 1.1 is offered at the one-week promotional price of $6.99 USD (Reg. $7.99) or equivalent amount in other currencies and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
AlgoCoil is a Netherlands-based software company founded in 2011 by Roel P. de Jong, former research scientist at Philips. The company specializes in the development and application of non-trivial algorithms to enhance user-experience and productivity. Since its start, the company has been focusing on LiveHistory, a genealogy/biography application that aims to popularize and shift the scope of traditional genealogy. Copyright ©2011-2013 AlgoCoil. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.