Proposals are now being accepted for the Utah Genealogical Association & ICAPGen 2013 Fall Conference ‘50 Years of Excellence,’ in conjunction with BYU’s Center for Family History and Genealogy will be held Friday and Saturday November 8-9, 2013 at Brigham Young University Provo, Utah (Joseph F. Smith Building).
Each presentation will be 50 minutes in length, which includes time for questions and answers. Each presentation should reflect the latest status of research and publication on the topic. The deadline for proposals is Thursday, August 29th, 2013. We welcome proposals that allow participants to gain new skills and helpful information in the following areas:
- Those getting started in family history
- Hands-on classes taught in a computer lab setting (both PC and MAC computers available) including family history websites, conducting online research, using the Internet for family history, etc.
- Research Methodology: Beginning, intermediate, and advanced research methodology in an area specific region in the world
- Research process, pedigree analysis, evidence evaluation, tracing immigrants, record sources, etc.
- Courses preparing for an Accreditation
- Family history and genealogy websites for conducting research online
- Family organizations, family collaboration, writing, editing and publishing family history, etc.
- Full name of the presenter
- A brief biographical sketch of the presenter for the syllabus (50 words maximum)
- Title of the presentation
- Class description (one or two line description for the schedule and a longer one for the syllabus)
- Audience skill level (all, beginner, intermediate, or advanced)
- Medium of presentation
- Internet (requires screen shot backup in case of Internet failure)
- Any audiovisual equipment needed:
- Computers, projectors, and Internet access will be provided for speakers to use for their presentations.
- Current e-mail
- Lecture experience
- Speakers participating in the conference will receive a:
- $75 per lecture with additional $25 if syllabus is submitted on time
- Complimentary registration
- Conference syllabus on a flash drive (there will be no printed syllabus)
- Complimentary lunch provided on the day(s) speaker presents
Raymon Naisbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday August 29th.
Completed syllabus must be submitted no later than Monday October 14th.