I haven't yet had an opportunity to try this program but the online description does sound good. Genealogy Research Assistant is a viewer and editor for family tree information to be stored on Android tablets. Due to screen size limitations, it is not useable on small-screen cell phones.
According to the description in the Google Play store:
Genealogy Research Assistant gives you full access to your family tree research data when on the move - so you can have it all with you when out on a research trip, or at a family gathering, or just anywhere you want.
- Primary displays for a family group, individual person details and pedigree (direct ancestors).
- Navigate by sliding, or choosing a person from a list.
- Navigation undo/redo - makes it easy to move backwards and forwards between two people.
- Supports GEDCOM 5.5.1 for sharing family tree data with other researchers - both import and export.
- Data held on device, so doesn't need Internet access to see the trees.
- Supports multiple family trees, allowing switching between them.
- Supports multimedia. - photo, audio and video.
- See all notes, source citations and media associated with each type of record - family, individual, life events etc.
- Search facility for large trees.
- Built in help - doesn't require an internet connection to display.
- No subscriptions or desktop PC software needed.
The producing company also promises to add Dropbox support soon.
Genealogy Research Assistant for Android costs $6.23 US and is available in the Google Play store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spectralduck.genealogy_ra&hl=en.