To anyone in or near Nova Scotia or to anyone else with Nova Scotia ancestors, I suggest you consider joining the Genealogical Association of Nova Scotia. This organization not only sponsors in-person seminars, but also has a rather good library and also has a major project underway to digitize photos of headstones in cemeteries. That project now has nearly 9,000 gravestone inscription records from Camp Hill Cemetery in Halifax, based on over 3,000 gravestone photographs. The work is still in progress.
The society also provides access to many databases for its members, including:
- Guysborough County School Records
- Hants County: Duncanson - Index of Surnames
- Shelburne-Barrington: Methodist Circuit Baptisms, 1790-1806
- Guysborough County School Records, 1826
- Halifax - St. Mary's Basilica Marriages, 1830-1877
- and many more.
You can learn more at http://novascotiaancestors.ca.