Occasionally I get asked for permission to copy articles from this newsletter to other publications. Here is the copyright statement for this newsletter:
The contents of this newsletter are copyright by Richard W. Eastman with the following exception:
Many of the articles published in these newsletters contain quotes or references from others, especially from other Web sites, software user's manuals, press releases, and other public announcements. Any words in this newsletter attributed to another person or organization remain the copyrighted materials of the original author(s).
This newsletter is provided for informational purposes only. The information contained in this herein represents the views of Richard W. Eastman with one exception: words written by other authors and republished in this newsletter are the views solely of those authors. All information provided in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. The reader assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document.
You are hereby granted rights, unless otherwise specified, to re-distribute articles from this newsletter to other parties provided:
- You may republish OCCASIONAL articles. Republishing two or three articles per month is acceptable. Wholesale copying and republishing of many articles is never allowed.
- You may use the articles without asking only when the article in question is to be republished in a noncommercial publication, either online or in print. If your blog has Google Adwords or other advertisements, you do not qualify as non-commercial. It makes no difference if you make any money with your blog or not. Legally, if you carry ads, your are ATTEMPTING to derive revenue and therefore your blog is commercial. Ask any lawyer. Please don't use my content to help you make money unless you plan to share that money with me. Even then, you and I need to discuss financial arrangements in advance of publication. Again, if you do not carry advertising on your site, you don't need to ask for permission.
- If you want to use my articles on a commercial web site, including any web site that contains advertising, just ask. I usually say "yes" but I do want to know where and how each article will be used.
- Articles marked with a Plus Sign (+) in the title are not to be redistributed. Those articles are solely for the use of this newsletter's Plus Edition subscribers.
- You may not republish any articles containing words attributed to another person or organization until you obtain permission from that person or organization. While you do have permission to republish words written by Richard W. Eastman, you do not have automatic authority to republish words written by others, even if their words appear in this newsletter.
The following statement MUST be included with any articles from this newsletter that you re-distribute:
The following article is from Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter and is copyright by Richard W. Eastman. It is re-published here with the permission of the author. Information about the newsletter is available at http://www.eogn.com.
Anyone complying with the above does not need to ask permission in advance for non-commercial uses.
Permission to use the words in this document for commercial purposes usually is granted. However, commercial use always requires advance authorization.
Thank you for your cooperation.