The following announcement was written by the Federation of Genealogical Societies:
April 28, 2014 – Austin, TX. Genealogy bloggers, societies, writers and editors are invited to participate in the Federation of Genealogical Societies 2014 Conference by becoming FGS 2014 Ambassadors. Ambassadors help to spread information about the FGS 2014 Conference in San Antonio, Texas, August 27-30, 2014, through social media to their friends, colleagues, and everyone interested in genealogy.
FGS 2014 Ambassadors will be:
- Writing about the conference on their blog.
- Using the hashtag #FGS2014 on Twitter.
- Mentioning FGS 2014 on Facebook, Google Plus, and other social networks.
- Letting their local historical and genealogical societies know about the conference.
Visit https://www.fgsconference.org/media/ambassadors/ to register as an FGS 2014 Ambassador and to find the FGS 2014 Ambassador badge to add to your blog or other social media account.
Benefits to FGS 2014 Ambassadors:
- Ambassador badge logo to display on your website.
- Giveaways for active ambassadors, including conference registrations and discounts, special event tickets, and more.
- Potential to be guest blogger on FGS Conference Blog.
- Link to your blog or website on the FGS Conference blog’s Ambassador Page
- Part of Twitter list of FGS 2014 Ambassadors.
- Ambassador badge ribbon at the conference.
The FGS 2014 Conference Committee looks forward to working with the FGS 2014 Ambassadors to make this conference a success. See you in San Antonio in August!
Learn More about FGS 2014 and Stay Connected
Visit the conference website at http://www.fgsconference.org.
Find the latest news on the conference blog at http://www.fgsconference.org/blog.com.
Like the conference on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FGSgenealogy.
Follow the conference on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/FGSgenealogy and hashtag #FGS2014.
About the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) was founded in 1976 and represents the members of hundreds of genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helping genealogical societies strengthen and grow through resources available online, FGS Forum magazine (filled with articles pertaining to society management and genealogical news), and Society Strategy Series papers, covering topics about effectively operating a genealogical society. FGS also links the genealogical community through its annual conference — four days of excellent lectures, including one full day devoted to society management topics. To learn more visit http://www.fgs.org.