The Gramps team has released a major new update of the popular open source (free) genealogy program for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and BSD UNIX.
New features in 4.1.0 include:
- Better Place handling
- New Tags support on Event, Place, Repository, Source, and Citation
- Source/Citation Data becomes Attributes
- Add optional support for checksum on Media object
- New place hierarchies model
- By default, you can choose navigator modes with a drop down.
- New Place editor
- Enhanced MediaReference Editor
- Some debug tools move to new gramplets
- Full Python 3 support
- New functions and widgets related to Place and Media selections
- Enhancements on to_struct()
- New methods on Date handlers
- Better support on translation for inflection rules