The following announcement was written by the North Carolina Genealogical Society:
The North Carolina Genealogical Society seeks a managing editor for its quarterly, the NCGS Journal, beginning with the first issue of the 2016 publication year (preparation to begin in late 2015). Candidates should possess:
- a superior knowledge of North Carolina history and genealogical resources.
- a deep familiarity and faculty with the highest standards of genealogical research
- exceptional publications design and copy editing skills.
- ready access to unpublished source material suitable for inclusion in the Journal.
- excellent written communication skills, including the ability to evaluate and edit the written work of contributors with sensitivity.
Applications are solicited for this salaried position through June 30, 2015. Proposals of interest with writing samples may be sent electronically to Victoria P. Young (email@example.com), or mailed to: North Carolina Genealogical Society, Attention: Victoria P. Young, P.O. Box 30815, Raleigh, NC 27622-0815